Central Piedmont Regional Artist Hub Grant
The United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro coordinates the Central Piedmont Regional Artist grant program on behalf of a consortium of five counties: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham. Funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council and matched locally by participating counties.
A limited number of grants are offered annually to residents of these counties to further their development as professional artists at any stage in their career. Grant funds may not be used for tuition in degree programs. Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture and pottery), film/video, drama and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract and file an evaluation at the completion of their project.
- Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply (each member of the group of artists applying for the grant must meet all of the eligibility requirements).
- Applicants may be either emerging artists or established artists and should possess a strong record of artistic accomplishment appropriate to the stage of the applicant’s career.
- The applicant must be a current resident of Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph or Rockingham county.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Application deadline is in November of each year.
- Artistic Excellence
- Professional Commitment to his/her art form
- Contribution of the proposed project to the applicant’s professional development
- Feasibility of the proposed project
- Staff of the UAC of Greensboro or any other partner arts councils are not eligible to apply.
- Central Piedmont Regional Artist project grant recipients who were awarded the grant within the last three years are not eligible to apply. For example, recipients awarded the grant in 2009, 2010 or 2011 are not eligible to apply in 2012.
- Download the Regional Artists Grant Application Form
- Download the Regional Artists Grant Report Form
Mail to 213 South Main Street, Graham, NC 27253 or email completed form as an attachment to email@example.com